Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Design Resource: Country Living

My favorite magazine right now is Country Living.  Country Living has a great mix of accessible, DIY-type projects and aspirational makeover designs.

I was privileged to attend the first Southern Country Living Fair in Stone Mountain, Georgia this weekend.  It was great to meet all of the artisans and craftspeople selling at the show.  It was also amazing to meet Sarah Gray Miller, the editor of Country Living.  She is exactly like her magazine--warm, friendly and personable.

Being at the fair inspired me to try some new projects.  It also inspired me to start featuring some of my favorite artists and craftspeople from time to time.  Stay tuned!

*Bonus:  Here's my geek out moment of the week!  I also happened to be in the right place at the right time to meet Valerie Tripp!  She wrote many of the American Girl books (I read all of them as a kid), and she is one of the people that inspired me to want to write.  What a treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment