Wednesday, October 13, 2010

How-To: Stripes

Before
After

After
After


After


After





As a renter, I am always looking for a way to transform my bland, beige walls without painting.  Inspired by the success of my door project, I decided to take a stab at striping my bathroom walls.  I am particularly excited by the result.

*Tip: I tested the tape on my wall to make sure that it wouldn't destroy the paint.  The paint on the walls of my bathroom is a high gloss.



Step-by-Step 
1.) Gather your supplies:
Xacto knife
Pencil
Ruler
1 1/2" Electrical Tape (I used 4 rolls.)
3/4" Electrical Tape (I used 2 rolls.)

2.) Using a ruler and pencil, measure and mark the location of the stripe at both the top and bottom of your stripe.  (I chose to leave 1 inch between my stripes and alternate between the wide and skinny tape.)



3.) Start at your top mark and apply the tape in a stripe down the wall until you reach the lower mark.  

Tip: Be sure to allow the tape to relax before applying it.  If you stretch it, it may shrink back up later.

4.) Use an Xacto knife to trim the stripe off of the roll.  Repeat until you have filled your desired area.

No comments:

Post a Comment