Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How-To: Easy Belt Organizer

I confess that I am not good at keeping my closet organized.  I have gradually been able to pinpoint solutions that help me stay on track.  It took me a long time to find a belt organization system that didn't end with a tangled knot of belts, or a time consuming storage process.  I found this project on Martha Stewart's website.  (I used more hooks than she did to save precious closet space in my old apartment.)  It takes a little time upfront, but it's very inexpensive, and it's been working for me for the past several months.  All you need is a wooden hanger, a drill, and some cup hooks.  Drill pilot holes in the bottom rail of a wooden hanger and insert a cup hook in each hole.  That's it!  Your belts will be easily accessible and tangle free.

2 comments:

  1. How many centimeters are the gaps between each hook?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before you begin working on your tie and belt rack, it's a good idea to treat the wood so that it will be protected against damage in the future.

    ReplyDelete