Monday, November 22, 2010

Design Resource/Tool Box: Operation Black Friday

I do enjoy shopping on Black Friday.  (Not at 4 AM.)  There's a fun, community spirit between shoppers on that day.  I mostly go to people watch, but it's also a good time to pick up a few DIY tools at a discount.  I do try to avoid the urgent need to buy by planning my purchases ahead.  Last year I bought the drill, and this year I'm planning to buy a sewing machine at Wal-Mart.  I used to wait until Thanksgiving day to look at adds.  Dad and I drive around after lunch looking for a newspaper stand that's not out of papers.  We usually end up at some obscure gas station where we buy the last paper.  This year I looked up ads on on BlackFriday2010.com, so I could plan even further ahead.  This website aggregates all of the early release ads along with some unauthorized leaked ads.  I'll probably still drive around with Dad on Thanksgiving day though.  Some traditions just shouldn't be messed with.

No comments:

Post a Comment